Monday, January 8, 2018

July 2016

A group of youth from our ward worked on family history, then went to the temple early one morning to do baptisms.  They were treated to breakfast...

and lunch at Fentons!


Meilani went with on a birthday outing for her friend Katelyn's birthday.  They had a blast swimming, and exploring caves.





Meilani and Kalea went to BYU volleyball camp at BYU again.

Meilani with her coach.

The girls and their group before the dance.

heading to the gym

A little shaved ice to celebrate a week of hard work.

Sibbling selfie fun.

Another great friend moving away.

Meilani gave Ruby a blow out.  She does have luscious hair!


Meilani received her patriarchal blessing recently and the printed copy arrived.  Witnessing her blessing was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life.  I was nervous for her.  When I got my blessing as a teen the patriarch chatted with me for a while about my interests, family, etc.  For Meilani, the patriarch didn't do that at all and for a second I was wondering if her blessing would be somewhat general since he didn't know anything about her.  It was an incredible testimony building experience for me of the truthfulness of the priesthood of God.  Her blessing was specific and tender, and there was no question in my mind that our Heavenly Father knows my daughter intimately, and that our patriarch is a spiritual giant who's uniquely prepared to receive revelation and act as a mouthpiece of God. 

MH 4th of July parade viewing.

Accidental twinning with my buddy Beth.

We celebrated Sariah's 11th birthday with an Amazing Race themed party.  They ran around the neighborhood collecting clues and completing challenges.


Sure love our spunky girl.

Once again, more friends moved away.  This one was particularly hard for our family.  The Ross' have become some of our best friends, and for me it kind of felt like "the straw that broke the camel's back."  I'm feeling exhausted from being vulnerable and investing in friendships only to have those I love constantly ripped away.  All of my friends who leave move on to better opportunities, but I'm tired of being left behind and I'm tired of making new friends.  McKoy has been the greatest friend I could have ever hoped for for Eli.  The boys share the same birthday and have been a great support to one another in keeping their standards, in serving others, and in their church and scout advancements.  I hope they'll stay friends forever!



We dropped these guys off at the airport (Maloree and Preston drove with Jared) and Ammon couldn't understand why we were sad when we pulled away.  He said "When are we picking them up from their trip?"  I explained that they weren't taking a trip, they were moving to Idaho.  He said "I know but they'll be back right?"  When I told him they'd be gone forever he burst into tears and cried the whole way home from Sacramento.  Such a loss to lose a buddy.


Kadee my friend, a great listener, and always motivating me, through her example and love, to be better.

We went to Noah's birthday party and had a train ride. 




Seth lost another tooth.

Grammy treated us to a hotel and Water Slide season passes.

We used those passes a LOT this summer!












Had a visit from the Colorado cousins.  Kalea and Meilani were quite the teen selfie queens.

Beacy fun!













Meilani passed her permit test on the first try!

More cousin fun at the pool...








...and the park...


...and at In & Out...

...and at Mimmie and Tompa's























Keani and Ammon looking at a previous year's book.


No comments: