Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pinewood Derby

Eli had his first Pinewood Derby for Cub Scouts.  Ben helped him make his car.  I annoyed Ben with my frequent suggestions on how he should help Eli.  I couldn't help it, I was worried.  I didn't care if Eli won, but I didn't want him to come in last.  I've heard horror stories from other moms.  In the end, it was a really fun experience.  They boys each got to race numerous times and we got to hang out with some of our favorite friends from church.  A fun day was had by all.

The car was quite underweight so we (ahem, Ben) helped Eli add fishing weights to the top.  It looked really cool. 

Watching the races. 

Future scout. 

Eli's turn to pull the lever. 

The whole pack. 

Eli won the award for best design.

And he placed 4th overall!  Not bad for a first run!

No comments: