Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Little Boy Birthdays

Seth and Ammon both have birthdays at the beginning of November.  While it's my goal to give them their own individual celebrations, it just didn't come together this year.  Part of the problem was that Ammon refused to acknowledge that it was his birthday on the actual day and kept screaming that it wasn't his birthday that day because the family party was the next day.  We finally conceded to his demands and didn't even have cake on his actual birthday.  So, in the end we celebrated with family a day late for Ammon, never quite got around to a friend party, and this year, that'll just have to do.  I'll make up for it next year.

Sethie on his actual birthday.  He requested the chocolate pioneer woman sheet cake and I was happy to oblige!

I sure love this kid.  He pushes my buttons better than any child before him, but his big puppy dog eyes melt my heart.  He's super social and adores spending as much time as possible with his friends.  He had a bumpy start to the school year because of his friendly ways, but has settled in well and is loving school.  Seth is very affectionate and loves to snuggle.  He's really done well in soccer this year.  We need to find more ways to burn his extra energy!  Seth is great at unloading the dishwasher and loves to help cook in the kitchen.  He keeps us on our toes and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Family party at Red Robin.  Ammon was over the moon about his new scooter.  Seth got one from a friend for his birthday and the boys had been fighting over it for several days.  They both zip around on our hardwood floors together now on their fancy light up scooters.

Ice cream and singing.

Ammon and Auntie
This little brown-eyed cutie is a bundle of fun.  He is a professional mess maker and frequently is leading the charge on some disastrous project or another.  He loves to sing songs and can make my day with his rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle" or "I am a Child of God."  He's opinionated as all get out and loves being outside.  He also loves to help cook and is a whiz at the iphone.  Sometimes his antics frustrate me, but his chubby hands on my cheek make me forget quickly...until the next time anyway.  We're so thankful he's in our family!

Me and Meilani

Papaw and Noah

Sammy, Sylvia and Noah

Sammy and Seth

Papaw and Roob

Seth being sung to at school.  I came and brought doughnut treats for him to share with his class.

We had a park party with friends for Seth.  Ammon thought it was for him too, so we'll call it good enough.

Seth and his buddy Lucy

This little guy is a friend from school.  Seth must have told him that he likes My Little Pony because he gave him a couple little ponies for a gift.  His mom questioned me about it, making sure it was really on Seth's toy list.  We both got a good giggle.

Pizza and mini cupcakes...can't go wrong.

Ruby kept sneeking cupcakes when I'd turn my back.  She was in heaven.

aaaand, sugar crash in the swing.

No comments: