Saturday, November 3, 2012

Caramel Apple Day

After taking a year hiatus my mom, sister and I resumed Caramel Apple Day this year.  We made about 230 or so (we never did get a final count) apples and it took ALL DAY LONG!  Next year we're doing less or starting earlier.  I vote that we actually do it on a day when the Daddy's can get the kids out of our way.  It seemed like once the kids got home from school, absolute chaos ensued.  It was all in good fun, and worth the effort though.  I won't admit to how many apples I at myself, but they were pretty delicious, if I do say so myself.  Till next year...

Mom, the master stirrer.

Meg, the apple stabber.  I'm the dipper.  It's funny but over the years we've really developed some specialization techniques.

Seth was on baby duty.  That didn't go so well.  Abby was not a happy camper.  Maybe because she knew she wasn't getting an apple at the end of the day.  Luckily though Ammon took two great naps and was mostly out of the way.

Me and Mommy manning the pot of golden goodness.

Grandmom and Auntie came out to supervise and to help occupy the kiddos.  Grandmom went to use the restroom and Seth waited on the stairs for her so he could help her back to her seat.  So sweet!

Abby did not want to sleep all day.  Not in the swing, not in the crib, not on a lap.  Until Eli came home that is.  He was the baby whisperer for the day.

Ammon was a little too quiet at one point and I found him under the table helping himself to an apple from the finished lineup.  Since he'd already slobbered all over it, I let him go at it in his high chair.  That occupied him for a while.

He tried to run away when I went to get him.

The finished beauties

Us gals, at the end of a tiring day!  

No comments: