Monday, January 27, 2014

Uncle Sean's Birthday Dinner

My brother Sean moved into a new house in Oakland so we all went to check out his new digs and to celebrate his birthday.  

He lives right down the hill from the Oakland Temple.  It was a great view!

I'm so incredibly proud of my brother.  He's spent a great deal of time and effort working towards a clean and sober life.  It's been an uphill battle for him with bumps in the road of course, but today, he's healthier and more alive than I've ever seen him before.  It's a joy to get to know him, the real him, and I love him so deeply.

The kids had fun racing up the hill of Sean's front yard.


After dinner we took a jaunt up to the temple.  The kids always love walking around the grounds.  It was so peaceful there.


We stopped in the Visitor's Center for a potty break.  Ammon was shouting at the top of his lungs "Hi Jesus," as he waved fervently.  I resisted the urge to "shhh" him when I remembered the scripture "Suffer the little children to come unto me..."




No comments: