Sunday, April 28, 2013

Time Out

In March Meilani and I went with some of our friends to a Time Out for Women and Time Out for Girls weekend in Visalia.  It was a whirlwind of a weekend but we had a blast.  Meilani really enjoyed spending time with some of the other Young Women from our ward and my mommy friends and I loved hearing the great uplifting speakers at the conference.  I shed a few tears listening to Chris Williams share his story of forgiveness after a drunk driver killed his wife and two children.  You can watch the mormon message about him here.  I also loved Emily Watts who was hysterical.  She had me laughing and crying at the same time.  She talked about riding a segway and drew an analogy about how in life, just like on a segway, we're not progressing or moving forward unless we're slightly off balance.  Perfect balance equals standing still.  Quite profound I thought.  That little tidbit made me feel so much better as I most definitely am never perfectly balancing all I have to do.  Remember how behind I am on this little blog?

Most of the gang.  We were missing a few who weren't early risers.

Some of the girls.

 
While us big girls were gone, Dad took the other kids to Altamont Park where there is a huge dirt field the kids love to play on.  Soon there will be a school on that site, but our kids love building forts in the mounds of dirt for now.

No comments: