Friday, January 4, 2013

Young Women in Excellence

Let me begin by saying I love these girls!  I love the calling I have at church to work with these beautiful ladies.  I enjoy every second that I get to hang out with them and find great joy in seeing their successes and growth.  This night we were celebrating their accomplishment this year in the Personal Progress program (read more about that here).  We focused on the annual mutual theme of "Arise and Shine Forth" and used the symbol of a chandelier in our decor and planning.  It was a great evening and a true pleasure to celebrate the efforts these girls make to increase their testimonies and knowledge that they are literally daughters of God.


The tables were set with a picture of each girl, a display of her project, and a little description of the project or experience she had that helped her to arise and shine forth this year.  I memorized "The Living Christ."


I gave a talk likening our symbol of the chandelier to each of us as daughters of our Heavenly Father.  We discussed how each temple has it's own custom made chandelier just as our Father has custom made us with special gifts and talents.  Each of the girls took home one of these crystal pendants which they are to hang in their room.  I love how the crystals reflect a rainbow of color when the sun hits it, representing the Young Women values.  We are just like that crystal  reflecting the Lord's values and standards as we reflect the light of Christ in all we do.

One of our Advisers made the adorable chandelier cookies for favors.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to work in Young Women's right now.  I learn so much from these girls, definitely more than they learn from me.  I'm thankful for the chance it gives me to be better, to love more, and to serve selflessly.

No comments: