Monday, December 17, 2012

New Stuff

Back in October I got a new couch.  It was needed.  Remember this post?  I love it.  For the first week I didn't even sit on it.  I just fluffed the pillows and admired it.  It's what I've wanted for a long time.  Chocolate brown corduroy with my favorite color of green, pillows.  The kids have been threatened consistently not to eat on it.  The first few weeks were hard.  The kids had gotten into a bad habit of snacking in the family room, but enough time has passed now, with my consistent nagging, that the kids have improved in their ability to remember to eat in the kitchen.

A couple weeks ago I ordered a new vacuum.  It was a long time coming.  Our other one still "worked" so to speak, but the hose had long been broken, the suction was sucking...well, not sucking actually, and overall, a new vacuum was in order.  I found a steal online for one that was bag less and rated super well in consumer reports, plus, it's my favorite green (to match the pillows!).  On it's maiden voyage, it sucked up this much dirt in half of the living room.  The living room, that had already been vacuumed the day before with our previous vacuum.  Amazing!  I get some kind of weird satisfaction from seeing all the dirt and grime this machine picks up.  It makes vacuuming so much more fun!  The retracting cord is just the icing on the cake.

Yeah for simple pleasures of a mommy.

No comments: