Monday, October 15, 2012

Ward Campout

My friend Lindsie convinced me to brave the Ward Campout without Ben.  She was planning to fly solo too as her husband was going to be out of town, but in the end, he made it home in time to join her.  It was too late for me to back out from our overnight camping adventure since the kids were ecstatic about going so I braved the campout alone with 6 kids in tow.  Really though, I wasn't alone.  So many friends helped me keep track of my kids, rocked my baby to sleep, and helped me set up camp.  In the end we all had a blast.  It was a fun last hurrah of summer.

Roasting marshmallows after the Bishop's remarks at the quite literal, fireside.

Sethie getting help from one of the Sales twins.

Meilani and Liam.

Eli, doing double duty.

So many of our friends came out for this fun event.  We had quite the sea of tents at the campsite.

Sariah and her friend Abby checking out the marsh.


We have great youth in our ward!  The young men completely took down my tent and packed my car for me in the morning.  

Breakfast

The renowned camp cooks.




Seth and his friend Beckam

My sweet young women and several good friends assisted as baby holders.




I love our ward!  I love being with them and enjoy so much the friendship and support I enjoy as a member of the church.  Fun times!

No comments: