Friday, June 15, 2012

Joy School

Liam finished up Joy School and is ready for Kindergarten.  I always get a little sad at the end of the school year, but especially so at the conclusion of this year's Joy School.  Next year will be the first time in 8 years that I won't have a child in a Joy School group.  Joy School has become part of my weekly routine and I'll miss the structure it give our schedule.  I'll also miss getting to see my friends on a regular basis!  We mommies have enjoyed many a chat out front at the conclusion of a Joy School day.  I think I'm also sad that my kids are growing up so fast.  I'll now have more kids in school than at home with me.  It's a strange transition.  I'm sure it will be a good change for us.  So, for now, farewell Joy School.

My last day of teaching.  The kids waving their flags out on the trampoline.

Liam can write his name, and follow directions.  

The JS House

Joy Boy, our puppet visitor.

Liam and his buddy Caulder.

Liam and his buddy James.

At the graduation, marching in and singing.


The graduates


Me and my boy.  I sure love him and am so proud of his achievements this year.

We had a potluck lunch party at the graduation.  It was a nice way to end the year.  I however was 40 minutes late to the party because Seth lost my keys right before we had to leave.  I ended up having to call a friend who had to leave the party to come get me.  Another friend was then kind enough to loan me her car so I could pick my kids up from school.  I was frazzled and grumpy at the mishap, but in the end, it all worked out.  

No comments: