Thursday, February 4, 2010

For the Love of Crafts

So this blog is dedicated to recording our family happenings, but I'm reasoning that since I am part of my family, I can indulge a bit and share with you my new obsession . . . craft blogs. I became addicted to a few craft blogs over Christmas break and have been enjoying creating and crafting lately. I'm justifying that if I can make stuff cheaply, and it beautifies my home, and keeps me sane, then my new little obsession is okay.

My first project, wall tiles made from MDF board and scrapbook paper (tutorial here).

Me (bad pic!) dumpster diving, in the rain, in the scrap pile of our local home builder for wood for my next craft project! One of the perks of living in a new development! Hey, you can't pass up free!

Neighbor friend April, getting some loot.

I crocheted this hat for Sariah yesterday. I found the pattern here and sort of taught myself from online instructional videos. My hat turned out too big, a little pointy, and not at all like the one from the pattern, but with a few modifications, cuteish nonetheless. I was pretty impressed with myself!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love UCreate too. That girl finds good ideas. I am addicted to craft blogs, but then I never find time to do everything I want (so I have a running list of ideas). If you need any more good ones, let me know and I will email you a list. I really want to learn how to crochet someday.

Riquino Family said...

Good job on the crocheted hat. That is a great first try!! I'll have to check out these craft blogs!